Saniderm tattoo aftercare, when used properly, will seal in your body’s natural fluids and plasma to keep your tattoo healing properly. Those fluids keep your cells hydrated so that they can break down dead tissue and remove it more efficiently. This, in turn, stimulates the growth of new cells; and in the end, it reduces the healing time and keeps the finer details of the tattoo crisp and clean.
- Step 1: *First piece applied by your artist stays on for 1 day*
- Remove SLOWLY & CAREFULLY (use coconut oil if necessary) to avoid damaging skin. When you remove this piece you may see an exact replica of your tattoo on the bandage. Do NOT worry, this is the normal ink loss that occurs with any tattoo.
- Step 2: GENTLY clean the tattoo with NON-SCENTED soap. Anything scented has alcohol which causes drying & scabbing.
- Step 3: GENTLY pat dry then let air dry for 5-10 mins.
- Step 4: Apply second piece of Saniderm (it is ok to overlap pieces) to the tattooed area. Leave a gap between the edge of the Saniderm and the edge of your tattoo to reduce leakage. Some people's tattoos weep more than others.*Leave second piece on for 3-4 days. Repeat step 2*
-Only use non scented lotion on your tattoo. No ointment should be necessary at this point because your tattoo should be well on its way to healing. Keep it clean and moisturized (but not saturated).
**ABSOLUTELY NO SOAKING YOUR TATTOO FOR 2 WEEKS!!**
**NO SWIMMING, HOT TUBS OR BATHS DURING THIS TIME (showers are fine)**